These are food-friendly wines, designed for easy drinking -- and with a price of $10, they are also affordable.
The Merlot has hints of blackberry, cherry and spice scented nose with a toasty oak background. In addition to the Merlot, they also have a Pinot Noir, Shiraz, and a Spanish Red Blend called Temperamental. What a great name for a wine, right?
Another way to treat Dad this Father's Day is mixing up the typical meal he'd be expecting. Sure, if he's a steak fan, grill him up a nice filet, but toss a new appetizer into the menu mix, like this red snapper ceviche. It's a favorite around our house for family gatherings. The recipe is below -- the spice and strong flavors stands up well to red wines, so this would be a great compliment to a bottle of Red Diamond.
- 1/2 lb. red snapper
- handful of cilantro
- One jalapeno pepper, minced with seeds removed
- One tomato, chopped
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 3 limes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortilla chips for serving
- Chop all ingredients into very small, bite size pieces and toss in a bowl
- Juice 3 limes and mix the juice into the ceviche to "cook" the fish.,
- Serve the ceviche with corn tortilla chips after 20 minutes of "cooking" -- and eat it within the hour. Any longer that that and the snapper will get overcooked and tough.