Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Lululemon Outpost in West Tampa

It's no secret I'm a huge Lululemon fan. Aside from wearing them as workout clothes, their black yoga pants in all their many varieties have basically been my weekend daytime uniform for the past four years. The Hyde Park store is lovely of course, but not that close to home for me.
So I was thrilled when a Lululemon outpost came to the Westchase area. It's located at Tampa Bay Athletics. My friend Jimmy Myers (pictured here on the right) is a head trainer at this gym and led the effort to bring lulu to our neighborhood. The other guy pictured is Cale Owen. These two really know the science behind athletic training and change up the daily workouts to make them challenging and fun.
A little about the gym: they offer 30- and 60-minute one-on-one coaching sessions where programs are designed to meet your own individual needs. On their roster of clients they have NFL players, MLB players, Olympic athletes, professional cyclers and water skiers. But you don’t have to be a professional athlete to get their VIP attention, they cater to everyone’s individual needs. They will design a program specifically for you and you can sign up to get your first week free. And no, this is not a Crossfit gym, it's entirely different.
But back to the clothes. While it's not a full storefront, their outpost has a great selection of yoga pants, tanks, sportsbras and tops. The inventory changes about every 2 months or so.
Now when I have a last minute need for some Wunderunder crops (my favorite Lulu pants), I can get my fix just five minutes from home.
 I thought these pants were so cool. (They don't flare out when you put them on.) I love the color and the compression material lulu lemon uses for their workout pants is the best.
Bright colored tops, headbands and more...They also have a selection of guys' lulu lemon clothes too. Tampa Bay Atheltics is located at 13740 McCormick Drive, Tampa, FL 33626. Follow them on Facebook to see some of the creative and crazy workouts they put together.

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is awesome!!! Great for you, bad for your wallet!

    ReplyDelete