Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holiday Wine Gift Idea: Christmas at Biltmore

This year I discovered a wine I can't resist (giving to others!) for the holidays: Christmas at Biltmore. I've enjoyed wines from this North Carolina winery before and have served them for Easter dinner, so I just love that this one is created especially for Christmas. It makes a great gift or "bring along" item to a holiday party, and it's only $10.99 at Publix.

I've seen photos online from some of my friends who have visited the Biltmore this Christmas season and I was wishing I could be there too! It's a breathtakingly gorgeous estate, and when covered in snow it looks like a winter wonderland. This is definitely on my list of U.S. places to visit! Maybe next year... 

The Christmas season is a part of The Biltmore Estate’s DNA. Decking the halls of the Biltmore House is a special tradition that began when George Washington Vanderbilt opened the doors to his now-iconic chateau-estate on Christmas Eve in 1895.

You've got to appreicate a wine with a rich American history like this. The 2013 is a beautifully aromatic white wine that's refreshing and slightly sweet so that it can be sipped on its own or paired with such holiday meal items like roasted turkey, baked ham, or pumpkin pie. It's a light blend of Muscat, Gewurtraminer and a touch of Riesling. Cheers to the holidays!
Have you been to the Biltmore? Done the wine tour there? Leave your comments below!


1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go to the Biltmore. May have to put it on my 2025 list!

    ReplyDelete