Pasta with Italian Sausage, Arugula and Sundried Tomatoes
- 1lb penne (1 box)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 2 cups chopped sundried tomatoes (with oil)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups arugula
- Boil a big pot of water & cook your penne
- While that’s happening, brown the sausage in a large pan (take it out of the casing first)
- Add fresh garlic to the pan toward the end of the cooking process, then drain the fat out of your pan.
- Drain the noodles, toss together the sausage/garlic mix and throw in your sundried tomatoes. Toss all ingredients together and make sure the tomatoes get warm.
- Then toss in the arugula, it will start wilting immediately from the heat of the pasta.
- Add a 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt and 1 tsp. cracked pepper
- Garnish with fresh shaved Parmesean cheese and fresh basil, and if you like your pasta spicy, add red pepper flakes to taste.
Be sure to choose a nice red wine to accompany this meal. I served it with Gnarly Head Authentic Red, which is a great table wine at a nice price point. Mangia!